Lead DevOps | Sys Admin | Network Admin
- Are you excited about virtualization, orchestration and network technology?
- Are you a creative tinkerer who likes to evaluate new ways of doing things?
- Are you someone who likes to take ownership from design to implementation?
- Are you someone who likes to work with people with that same attitude?
Then we at S[&]T want to get in touch with you for the role as our Lead DevOps | Sys Admin | Network Admin
Due to recent growth of the company, we’re looking for someone who can take the lead in our project to (re)design, implement and maintain our corporate IT infrastructure. The first phase will focus on the basics of e-mail, calendaring, chat, wiki, fileshare, CRM and VOIP.
You will define the strategy for the next phases together with stakeholders. At this point, you will also be involved as an infrastructure system engineer in our commercial projects, working on virtualization, deployment, etc.
This is an excellent role for a senior person who wants to be free from the restrictions of a large corporation, or for a talented medior person ready to take the next step into technical (hands-on) leadership.
Some of the background info about our current environment that might interest you:
- Your colleagues are mainly software engineers who develop for scientific and mission-critical applications in Linux environments. They mostly manage their own workstations.
- We self-host, use and produce FOSS where possible. We have 15 linux rack servers on site (no Windows servers) and 3 in a private cloud (and growing fast). Some services are deployed to Azure.
- DevOps projects use technologies such as Docker, KVM Virtualization, Python, Xen and automation/monitoring tools such as Ansible or Zabbix. Technologies are always in flux.
- Software Engineering projects use technologies such as Jenkins, Redmine, Git, SVN etc. Web applications are often based on Django. Technologies are always in flux.
- We have offices in Delft (NL), Drachten (NL) and Oslo (NO).