Senior Mechatronics System Engineer
As a Mechatronics Systems Engineer(MSE)you will be involved with
mechatronic concept developments, deriving requirements, developing modules, analysing
options, driving decisions, documenting system functionality, and planning,
supervising and performing tests to verify mechatronics performance. You will be
responsible for mechatronics specifications definition based on system requirements.
You will derive lower level requirements and designs for each module/element
and test campaigns for testing the metrology systems and the sub-systems.
You will be responsible to manage the mechatronics supply chain for the sub-modules. You will be trusted to recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
You will also advise users of appropriate actions to correct
malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
As a MSE you will be in close/regular contact with the customer.
You’ll answer questions and assist them in a professional manner. In order to
excel at this, you need to be customer-oriented and have excellent problem
analysis skills. Your power of persuasion is strong, you demonstrate good
communication skills and you possess natural leadership qualities. In this role
you will travel for about 10 percent of your time. You will report directly to
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE OF YOU?
The MSE we seek ideally has at least 5 years of experience as a Mechatronics
System Engineer and in mechatronics systems design in a working environment.
Experience in the field of semiconductor equipment is a plus.
Furthermore, you need to recognize yourself in the profile as
described below. You have:
- A Master’s in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on mechatronic systems (preferred)/mechanics/kinematics/dynamics/opto-mechanics is required or equivalent experience;
- A second degree in Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines is preferred;
- Experience in analysing applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Generated models or simulations to analyse expected mechatronics performance, and have lead a multi-disciplinary team to an optimal solution;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- A complete understanding of the dynamic behaviour of mechanical constructions;
- Direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems preferably in the area of metrology systems for semiconductor industry
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and co-developers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components and assemblies;
- Experience in the following areas is required: sub-nanometre motion stage design/tuning for closed loop servo control, actuator design/selection, kinematics, dynamics, MATLAB/Simulink;
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: CAD, thermal analysis, opto-mechanical mounting, adhesives, materials, FEA or other modelling tools;
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training, and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab or cleanroom environment);
- Be willing to contribute to the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering);
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time;
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, we are not always able to reject your application in person.