Senior System Engineer Metrology Equipment
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking
for a Senior system engineer metrology equipment located in Rotterdam together
with our client in the Research and Development industry.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved with deriving requirements, developing concepts, analysing options, driving decisions, documenting system functionality, and planning, supervising and performing tests to verify performance. You will be responsible for machine specifications definition based on customer requirements. You will derive lower level requirements and designs for each modules/elements and test campaigns for testing the metrology systems and the sub-systems.
You will be responsible to manage supply chain for the sub-modules. You will be trusted to recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate. You will also advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
As a Systems Engineer you will be in close/regular contact with the
customer. You’ll answer questions and assist them in a professional manner. In
order to excel at this, you need to be customer-oriented and have excellent problem analysis skills. Your power
of persuasion is strong, you demonstrate good communication skills and you
possess natural leadership qualities. In this role you will travel for about 10 percent of your time. You will
report directly to the CTO.
What do we require of you?
The System Engineer we seek ideally has at least 5 years of experience
as a System Engineer in the field of mechatronics systems development in a
working environment. Experience in the field
of semiconductor equipment is required.
- A Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on mechatronic systems (preferred) / mechanics / kinematics / dynamics /opto-mechanics is required or equivalent experience;
- A second degree in Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines is preferred;
- Experience in analysing applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Generated models or simulations to analyse expected mechatronics performance, and have lead a multi-disciplinary team to an optimal solution;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- Experience in system design and analysis;
- Direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems preferably in the area of metrology systems for semiconductor industry
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and co-developers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components and assemblies;
- Experience in the following areas is required: sub-nanometre motion stage design / tuning for closed loop servo control, actuator design / selection, kinematics, dynamics, MATLAB / Simulink;
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: CAD, thermal analysis, opto-mechanical mounting, adhesives, materials, FEA or other modelling tools;
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training, and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab or cleanroom environment);
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering);
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time;
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Furthermore you need to recognize yourself in the profile as described
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and
motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly
through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, we are not always able to reject your application in person.