System Administrator / IT Developer
Do you have a background in Information Technology? Interested in high tech projects? Want to work at a company where you have room to grow into software development?
S[&]T is offering a unique position, where you can come in and take a look with us at setting up our SysAdmin infrastructure. We'll ask you to set our team up with a great baseline to support our large-scale R&D software development. You'll build your IT infrastructure skills by supporting lots of different projects. As you grow in capabilities, your role can expand to match your interests.
In fact, when you have set up a great infrastructure, we'll facilitate your transition into our technical projects, including scientific software development. We've seen this model work really well in the past, so we hope that it could be a first step for you!
- Fluent in English, basic Dutch skills
- Linux servers required, Windows servers not required, Mac and Windows support highly desirable
- Maintaining and improving IT network and email/file/VOIP/application servers
- Docker, KVM Virtualization, Python, automation/monitoring tools such as Ansible/Zabbix
- Development of in-house web applications based on Django
- Ideal position for System Administrator with flexibility to take on occasional software engineering tasks
- 10-15 servers
- 30-40 working spaces
- Strong communication skills - you enjoy connecting with people
- Analytical nature - you enjoy puzzles
- Opportunistic and team-motivated
- Enjoy high-paced, action-driven environment
- Year contract in IT with a view to a technical growth into project teams
- Flexible team structure to fit your strengths
- Supportive environment and great coaching so that you grow and are challenged
- A fun, small company environment with connections to cool high tech projects
Sound like a fun way to enter the job market? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!