At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Hardware & Software System Engineer located in the Hague together with our client in the defence industry.
We are looking for a System Engineer with a passion for hardware and software Ideally, you are an expert when it comes to system engineering for electronic systems and you want to use your knowledge for social impact. Innovation and development are self-evident for you. You know how to approach and are able to convert insights from the scientific world into practical implementations for the field of defence and security. You are familiar with wireless communication techniques and protocols and you have experience with hardware and software in implementation processes. You know how to find the balance between a systematic approach and a pragmatic working method. Furthermore, you have the following:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a technical direction, preferably electrical engineering, information technology, computer science & engineering or embedded systems;
- Experience in system engineering in electronics projects;
- Knowledge of communication systems and protocols;
- Experience with hardware and software development;
- Knowledge and experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR) technology, MATLAB, Python, C / C ++, communication protocols and modern electronics;
- Preferably knowledge of cyber vulnerabilities and attack techniques for wireless systems;
- Preferably experience in the defence domain;
- Good command of the English language and willingness to work abroad for short periods when necessary.
The vacancy is defined as a confidential function, candidates must therefore submit a Declaration on Good Behavior (VOG). In addition, a screening will be carried out by the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD). Lastly, due to the high sensitivity of the position, the selected candidates are required to have Dutch nationality.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.