EO Future Missions System Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D
solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and
are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in
optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for an EO Future Missions System Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, together with ESA/ ESTEC.
- This position will be part of a small team providing engineering support to the Future Missions and Instruments Division at ESA/ESTEC. As an EO System Engineer you will work on tasks including:
- Support the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA Earth Observation (EO) missions, in particular for Copernicus Sentinels, new Earth Explorer/Earth Watch missions, Etc.;
- Provide system engineering support to InCubed missions;
- Review Technical Notes and actively participate to progress meetings and reviews related to EO future mission and system studies;
- Support elaboration of SoWs, system requirements documents (SRD) and other applicable and reference documents for future mission and system studies;
- Contributing to ensure the technical coherency of the system design of future EO missions, including, as needed, functional analysis and design, overall system concept, etc.;
- Perform internal studies for future EO missions and other missions (existing or planned by other space organizations), including mission analysis and assessment of potential synergy or overlap of mission capabilities;
- Support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects for end-to-end performance simulation and system engineering tools for future EO missions.
- You have a Master diploma in a relevant technical or scientific discipline (e.g. Space system engineering);
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in space system engineering and mission analysis, preferably in the Earth Observation field and/or in preparatory activities (phase 0 and A);
- You are experienced with simulation tools: Matlab or Python, MS Excel with VBA. Experiece with STK is preferred;
- You have good communication skills in English both written and spoken;
- You have a methodical, problem-solving and proactive attitude;
- Additional experience in space system design, mission analysis, small platform sizing and knowledge of Earth Observation remote sensing techniques is an asset.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and
motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.