Senior Engineer Composites
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer Composites located in The Hague together with our client in the Composites industry.
As Senior Engineer you will have a leading technical role within projects. You will define and optimise the manufacturing processes. You will also mentor and lead other engineers. An important aspect of your role will be the support of production: guidance during production, supervising tests, but also root cause analysis and dispositions for non-conformities. Furthermore, you will exchange knowledge with other Process and Design Engineers and give support to the commercial department in quotations.
What are your responsibilities?
- Design and process development for composite manufacturing, including tooling;
- Evaluate risks during the design and production process;
- Stimulate and support continuous improvements and standardize processes;
- Provide clear documentation: reports, process flows, work instructions, etc.;
- Support colleagues during the acquisition phase;
- Manage the technical requirements of the manufacturing process.
In this role you will
report to the Manager Engineering & Projects. You will work closely
together with the other engineers (structural, design, CAD), work preparators,
project managers, quality team and production team.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion and experience in composites. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working on complex material challenges. Furthermore, you have the following:
- A Master or Bachelor degree in Aerospace engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials & process engineering or similar;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a design/ manufacturing or production environment;
- Experience with composite materials and processes in a production/ construction environment;
- Experience in leading technical and multidiscipline teams;
- Knowledge and experience with Lean and continuous improvement methodologies is a plus;
- A good knowledge of the English and preferably also Dutch language.
Would you like to hear more? Send your
CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third
parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.