AFM Specialist Developer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects
on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a AFM Specialist located in Rotterdam together with our client in the High Tech R&D industry.
As Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Specialist you will be involved in the development and verification of novel AFM imaging techniques for applications in High Tech R&D projects our client is working on. By extensive theoretical analysis and experimental work on our AFM tools, you show how the applications can solve challenges of our customers. For this you will apply your experience and knowledge about the physics of tip-sample interaction, dynamics of the AFM cantilever, optical beam deflection, control loop of AFM, various scanning modes and be inventive and passionate to make an AFM tool to image and measure challenging silicon wafers on the edge of performance in a repeatable and reliable way.
- Minimum a Masters in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant technical domain;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an AFM measurement expert, preferably focused in high-resolution or high-speed AFM measurements and mechatronics;
- Experience in the following areas is required: sub-nanometer AFM metrology / tuning for closed loop control of AFM, MATLAB / Simulink or other simulation environment, AFM data postprocessing;
- Experience in the design and realization of AFM-based test setups, in the design and execution of complex experiments with modifying commercial AFM in terms of electronics/mechanics/optical/software;
- Extensive experience in AFM measurement on commercial tools, trackable by scientific publications / Application notes preferably in field of AFM sub-nanometer metrology and mechatronics;
- Created models or simulations to analyze expected AFM performance;
- Deep understanding of AFM probe-sample interaction, sources of measurements artifacts, approach for tuning of AFM control loop and all necessary AFM calibrations;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- Excellent English, both verbal and written.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.