At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for an AFM Specialist located in Rotterdam within the High Tech R&D industry.
As an As Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Specialist you will be involved in the development and verification of novel AFM imaging techniques for applications in semiconductor metrology. By extensive theoretical analysis and experimental work on our AFM tools, you show how the applications can solve challenges of our customers. For this you will apply your experience and knowledge about the physics of tip-sample interaction, dynamics of the AFM cantilever, optical beam deflection, control loop of AFM, various scanning modes and be inventive and passionate to make an AFM tool to image and measure challenging silicon wafers on the edge of performance in a repeatable and reliable way.
You will be also extensively learning from the Development & Engineering team to get all the great experience that our client has in-house. In order to do that, you need to be a fan of AFM technology itself and an enthusiast of doing challenging AFM measurements, have excellent problem analysis and communication skills.
We are looking for an AFM Specialist with at least 5 years of experience as an AFM measurement expert, preferably focused in high resolution or high-speed AFM measurements and mechatronics. Experience in the field of semiconductor equipment preferred but not necessary. Furthermore, you need to recognize yourself in the profile and requirement as described below:
- A Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on mechatronic systems; (preferred) / mechanics / kinematics / dynamics /opto-mechanics is required or equivalent experience;
- Extensive experience in AFM measurement on commercial tools, trackable by scientific publications / Application notes preferably in field of AFM sub-nanometer metrology and mechatronics;
- Deep understanding of AFM probe-sample interaction, sources of measurements artifacts, approach for tuning of AFM control loop and all necessary AFM calibrations;
- Created models or simulations to analyze expected AFM performance;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- Experience in the design and realization of AFM-based test setups, in the design and execution of complex experiments with modifying commercial AFM in terms of electronics/mechanics/optical/software;
- Experience in the following areas is required: sub-nanometer AFM metrology / tuning for closed loop control of AFM, MATLAB / Simulink or other simulation environment, AFM data postprocessing;
- EU nationality or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
- A real team player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation;
- Passionate to make extremely challenging AFM applications possible and reproducible;
- You are quickly up to speed in all the technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training;
- A real investor! You are capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab);
- Critical about details and work very secure;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and commitment to achieving results on time;
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.