Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for an Antenna & Sub-mm Waves Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, together with ESA/ ESTEC.
This position will be part of a small team providing engineering support to the Antenna & Sub-mm Waves Section at ESA/ESTEC. As an Antenna & Sub-mm Waves Engineer you will support activities in two main areas:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
Note that for these two areas of activities, you will support all antenna development stages from design, analysis up to measurements.
- You have minimum a Master degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Physics (a relevant Bachelor degree + 10 years relevant professional experience may compensate);
- You have a minimum of 4 years' relevant professional work experience;
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level;
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies;
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS);
- As per Job Class with proven industrial experience in the field.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.