Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through
projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency
with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth
Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for an Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
As an AOCS Engineer, your main role will be to provide support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit (as AOCS/GNC Sensors Engineer) for the development and procurement of sensors and actuators. The Sensors Unit is in charge of gyroscopes, accelerometers, star trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras, 3D cameras or Lidars for GNC. The post holder will have access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies can be independently characterised. You will also provide regular Technical Reporting of the Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a technical domain;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience post-graduation;
- Familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy);
- A strong background in electronics (digital, analogue or both), and previous design experience;
- Familiar with reviewing schematics, worst case and part stress analyses;
- Good knowledge of the particularities of space electronics (protection of sensitive components, filtering of single events etc…);
- Preferably an EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.