At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house
at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with software projects and
personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science
We are currently looking for an ECLS Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
You will work in the Life support and Physical Sciences Instrumentation Section in ESA-ESTEC. The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilisation and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the field of sustainable life support technologies (e.g. MELiSSA), with a specific focus on bioreactors, biochemical processes characterisation, modelling and development;
- Supervise the development of technology demonstrators on board ISS and follow up of operations over its life cycle;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the area of In Situ Resource Utilisation;
- Provide project support for manned spaceflight and scientific experiments onboard the ISS;
- Provide support to the management of the MELiSSA project, technical and scientific coordination with MELiSSA partners.
- PhD or Master in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology applied Microbiology or Physics;
- Experience in specification, engineering and analysis of chemical and biochemical processes, knowledge of plant/food production;
- Experience in multi-phases processes characterisation and engineering is asset;
- Project skills, Management of R&D contracts, academic and industrial experience;
- Knowledge of space systems engineering is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team oriented;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.