EEE Components Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for
space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the
few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing
performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support
European Space Agency with software projects and personnel, and have a
long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for an EEE Components Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
This position involves extensive work to be performed in the ESTEC EEE Component Laboratory. Thus, expertise in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics (proficiency in at least 4 of the previous 12 categories is preferred). General component laboratory practices is mandatory.
Furthermore, as an EEE Components Engineer, your tasks may include the following:
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks;
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks;
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories;
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology;
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology;
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers;
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers;
- Support ISO certification activities.
- PhD or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience post-graduation;
- Proficiency in EEE Component electrical measurement techniques is required;
- Knowledge of SEM, FIB and x-ray tomography is advantageous;
- Auditing of component manufacturers is advantageous;
- Business level English;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.