Embedded Software Engineer
At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house
We are currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer located in Rotterdam together with our client in the High Tech R&D industry.
We are looking for Embedded Software Engineers to design, develop and test significant components in the framework that our client has created. You will be responsible for integrating and qualifying these components as well as those parts of the stack that are developed by our partners.
What will you be doing?
- Writing and testing the software for several subsystems;
- Reviewing requirements and designs of several subsystems, check compliance to the chosen architecture and facility interfaces and “standards;
- Designing, coding and testing software for test setups;
- For some selected subsystems translating those requirements to design;
- Creating the proper documentation during this development process;
- Working closely with the software system architect and interfaces with subsystem designers and the internal customers;
- Troubleshooting for selected subsystems and test setups in case of failure.
- MSc. in Informatics or other technically oriented study;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in complex data processing (analysis and transformation) algorithms, real time embedded software, operating systems and GUI in a high-tech equipment/machinery environment;
- Excellent C# and Python;
- Preferably experience in the Semiconductor industry;
- Knowledge with complex data processing algorithms, including real time software and operating systems;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Configuration Management processes;
- Experience with application layers, e.g. communication through the HAL layer, system application software, calibration software, performance and diagnostics software, error handling software, safety procedures, data acquisition and logging, retrieval and transmission, simulation modes;
- GUI layer, including but not limited to recipe handling and processing by operator or through an automated interface, communication with operator, user/operator procedures, production and service / test / diagnostics modes, service & maintenance procedures, data visualization;
- Customer-focused, team playing mentality, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent English both verbally and in writing.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.