Flight Software Systems Engineer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through
projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency
with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth
Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a Flight Software Systems Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
We are looking for a Flight Software Systems Engineer with a passion for software and validation. You will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division, and will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Project support related to all technical aspects;
- Development and qualification of flight software;
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
- A Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience post-graduation;
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering tools;
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C;
- The contractor shall be able to function as part of a team;
- Proactive and flexible attitude;
- Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an advantage;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.