Galileo GMS Engineer
At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with software projects
and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space
Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a Galileo GMS Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
- The GALILEO Ground Segment comprises 2 control centres (GCC), a global network of transmitting and receiving stations implementing monitoring and control functions and a series of service facilities which support the provision of the Galileo services;
- The core of the GALILEO ground segment are the 2 Galileo Control Centres (GCC). Each GCC manages control functions supported by a Galileo Control Segment (GCS) and mission functions, supported by a dedicated Galileo Mission Segment (GMS)
- The GMS handles navigation system control.
- The GMS consists of facilities deployed in the 2 GCCs plus a series of Mission Up-Link Stations (ULS) and Galileo Sensor Stations (GSS) deployed at remote sites located around the world;
- The GMS is responsible for the determination and uplink of navigation data messages needed to provide the navigation and timing data. For this purpose, it uses a global network of Galileo Sensor Stations (GSS) to monitor the navigation signals of all satellites on a continuous basis.
As a Galileo GMS Engineer, you will be working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team. In particular, the detailed specific tasks include:
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs; Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities;
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing is an asset;
- The specialist shall in particular have several years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- You have EU nationality;
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.