At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Junior Scientist located in Groningen together with our client in the research and development industry.
As Junior Scientist specialising in large scale software system engineering you have a fascination for (information) technology and you want to learn about new technologies and related issues. Soon after you start, you will be actively participating in project teams that are working on innovations in large scale, distributed IT. Often, such projects are in collaboration with external partners.
With a good software engineering background, you have an affinity to think of solutions from a software prototyping perspective. You are excited to work on multiple projects, simultaneously, and with colleagues from your own department and/or from another department. As a result, you have very good social skills to interact and collaborate with your colleagues and/or customers.
You are comfortable in working in an applied research environment – you explore and determine theoretically the solution to a current or future problem in an innovative manner and then you realise this practically in the form of a proof of concept or demonstrator.
We are looking for a Junior Scientist with excellent communication skills and capable of explaining complex software architectures and implementations. Ideally, you are someone with a proactive attitude in seeking new challenges and can work in a co-operative, international environment.
Furthermore, you have the following:
- You have a Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree in Computer Science;
- You enjoy the challenge of both researching, designing and realising distributed IT systems, and has experience with this;
- You have a real passion for software engineering, not limiting to just coding but also concerning the architecture and the process;
- You are confident programming skills (any or some of Java, Python, Scala, Go, Rust, etc.) and an eagerness to learning new ones;
- Preferably, you have some experience with using AI platforms and libraries (like TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.);
- Preferably, you are comfortable with development environments and tools (like Linux, Git, Eclipse or VSCode or PyCharm or IntelliJ, etc.).
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.