Materials and Processes Engineer
At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with software projects
and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space
Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a Materials and Processes Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
We are looking for a Materials and Processes Engineer with a passion for various materials and processes. You will be working on the following activities:
- The technical competence shall cover a wider range of M&P expertise of the following materials classes and technologies:
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of metallic materials and processes (e.g. Al-alloys, Ti-alloys, steel) including their surface treatment and joining technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of polymer materials and processes (e.g. polymer matrix composites) including their joining/bonding technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of ceramic materials (e.g. SiC) and their joining technologies.
- Master or PhD in Materials Sciences or Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in materials and processes engineering post-graduation;
- Good knowledge about general materials test methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing and fatigue life assessment;
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation;
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.