Mechatronic System Engineer
At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house
We are currently looking for a Mechatronic System Engineer located in Rotterdam together with our client in the High Tech R&D industry.
As a Mechatronics Engineer you will be involved with mechatronic concept developments, deriving requirements, developing modules, analyzing options, driving decisions, documenting system functionality, and planning, supervising and performing tests to verify mechatronics performance. You will be responsible for mechatronics specifications definition based on system requirements. You will derive lower level requirements and designs for each module/element and test campaigns for testing our client’s systems and the sub-systems. You will be responsible to manage the mechatronics supply chain for the sub-modules. You will be trusted to recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate. You will also advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
You will be in close/regular contact with the customer. You’ll answer questions and assist them in a professional manner. In order to excel at this, you need to be customer-oriented and have excellent problem analysis skills. Your power of persuasion is strong, you demonstrate good communication skills and you possess natural leadership qualities.
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or other relevant discipline. A second degree in Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Mechatronics System Engineer and in mechatronics systems design;
- Experience in analyzing applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications;
- Generated models or simulations to analyze expected mechatronics performance, and have lead a multi-disciplinary team to an optimal solution;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- A complete understanding of the dynamic behavior of mechanical constructions;
- Direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems preferably in the area of metrology systems for semiconductor industry;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and co-developers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components and assemblies;
- Experience in the following areas is required: sub-nanometer motion stage design/tuning for closed loop servo control, actuator design/selection, kinematics, dynamics, MATLAB/ Simulink;
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: CAD, thermal analysis, opto-mechanical mounting, adhesives, materials, FEA or other modeling tools;
- EU nationality or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.