At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for an Optical Designer located in Delft together with our client in the research and development industry.
As an Optical Designer, you will be joining a department of 70 colleagues working on optical manufacturing, thermal and mechanical engineering, calibration and integration projects every day. You can expect to be involved in the design and execution of imaging and illumination optical systems. Furthermore, this process ranges from requirements discovery and budget allocation together with the System Engineer through paraxial and nominal design to a final, toleranced design with an accompanying alignment plan. Most importantly, you will have the ability to perform straylight, polarization, diffraction, as well as structural, thermal and optical performance analyses. Moreover, will also have the opportunity to assess critically the cost and complexity of your design, and regularly discuss results, progress, deviations and possible improvements with the team and the project manager.
We are looking for an Optical Designer with a passion for high-quality optical systems. Ideally, you are someone who has a background in optical physics or engineering. Furthermore, you have the following.
- Academic background in Aerospace Engineering; Physics, Optics, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent;
- Affinity with complex optical systems;
- Experience with using programming languages such as Python, Zemax and/or CodeV;
- You have an ambitious attitude, and would like to further develop your skills in the field of optics;
- You have the ability to document your work carefully and work in a structured way;
- You want to continuously improve the quality of your work;
- You are eager to learn, and you are strongly results-oriented;
- You like to work together with others to achieve the best results;
- You have excellent English.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.