At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for an Opto-Electronics Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
We are looking for an Opto-Electronics Engineer with a passion for technology, engineering, and quality. You will be working on the following specific activities:
- Support Mission Studies from Phase 0 up to Phase B2/C/D;
- Running detector technology development activities and detector pre-development activities.
Furthermore, you will be working on more general tasks to support technology development contracts and performance of in-house design work. Namely, you will assist, where appropriate, external and internal testing, verification and evaluation of opto-electronic systems and components, including ground and airborne measurement campaigns, as well as contribute to the definition, maintenance and use of design, engineering and verification software tools for photonic systems and components. Especially, you will be assisting in the establishment of requirements and configurations for payload equipment and sub-systems, such as the following:
- Solid state lasers;
- Fibre-optic components;
- Detectors and focal plane instrumentation;
- Quantum-electronic devices and systems, including optical atomic clocks;
- Superconducting devices and sensors;
- Review and evaluation of technical documentation and design dossiers;
- Perform analysis and elaborate outline design and configurations.
- Master or PhD degree in Photonics or Optics;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Background in detector technologies;
- Experience with operation and characterization of CCD and CMOS detectors;
- Experience with X-ray detector operation and characterization is an asset;
- Experience with InGaAs and MCT detector operation and characterization is an asset;
- Experience in the design and implementation of new measurement methods/setups is an asset;
- Practical laboratory experience in the design, development and verification of OptoElectronic systems, vacuum technology, numerical measurement analysis and associated engineering software tools (e.g. LabView, Matlab, Python) is an asset;
- Knowledge of environmental testing of space hardware is an asset;
- Experience with detector Front-end electronics design and development is an asset;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.