At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions
for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of
the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing
performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support
European Space Agency with software projects and personnel, and have a
long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for an Optoelectronics Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ESTEC in the international space industry.
As an Optoelectronics Engineer your main tasks will be:
- Support Mission Studies from Phase 0 up to Phase B2/C/D;
- Running detector technology development activities and detector pre-development activities.
- Must have minimum MSc in e.g. Physics, Applied Physics, Optics;
- Supplemented with minimum of 4 years professional experience relevant to this position;
- Background in detector technologies;
- Experience with operation and characterization of CCD and CMOS Detectors;
- Experience with X-ray detector operation and characterization is an asset;
- Experience with InGaAs and MCT detector operation and characterization is an asset;
- Experience in the design and implementation of new measurement methods/setups is an asset;
- Practical laboratory experience in the design, development and verification of OptoElectronic systems, vacuum technology, numerical measurement analysis and associated engineering software tools (e.g. LabView, Matlab, Python) is an asset;
- Knowledge of environmental testing of space hardware is an asset;
- Experience with detector Front-end electronics design and development is an asset;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.