PA and Safety Support Engineer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through
projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency
with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth
Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a PA and Safety Support Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
The postholder will provide support to the section activities in the area of quality, with specific focus on ESA internal and external Alerts. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Supporting the ESA internal and external Alert processes and systems’ coordination;
- Supporting the ESA Alerts Focal Point in interfacing with the Industry users;
- Liaising with designated organisations for the co-ordination of the Alerts;
- Supporting the organisation and activities of the ESA Alert Committee (EAC);
- Supporting coordination ESA Alerts technical working groups;
- Collecting information from Technical Experts on potential new Alerts and monitoring the feedback on released ESA Alerts;
- Implementing interface agreements with external Alert systems;
- Performing a yearly status review of all active internal and external Alerts;
- Maintaining of the lists of manufacturers, experts and processing of the user system subscriptions;
- Contributing to the improvement and promotion of the ESA Alerts System Tools;
- Screening of the internal ESA Alerts to determine, if they meet the criteria for an ESA External Alert;
- Reporting on the associated KPIs status and Objectives achievement;
- Supporting the suppliers evaluation process , this may include support to audits planning, organisation and execution;
- Support the operations and improvements of the internal Quality Management Systems;
- Duties may also include supporting other activities within the post, relevant to the experience of the candidate.
- Master or PhD in engineering, preferably related to space;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience post-graduation;
- Experience in Space R&D and projects engineering;
- Auditing training and experience;
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes and projects is highly desirable;
- Broad knowledge of current developments in the space industry;
- Experience with Risk Management methodology is an asset;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.