At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with high tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Research Engineer located in Delft within the high tech R&D industry.
As a Research Engineer, you will join the exciting world of high tech research and development based in the manufacturing domain. As an example of some of your tasks, you will evaluate and discuss the manufacturability of the drafts and final designs with internal and external stakeholders, as well as create the manufacturing plans. Additionally, you will support the project manager throughout the project in preparing detailed calculations of the cost and time required. Moreover, you will lead the technical problem solving processes essential to solve any challenged faced during the project execution.
Your position as a Research Engineer will allow you to supervise the manufacturing and measurement cycle by ensuring that the deliverables meet the requirements pre-set by the customer. Besides supervision, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and recommend improvements to the existing manufacturing processes as a contribution to the continuous development of the organizational needs.
We are looking for a Research Engineer with a passion for hands-on work. Ideally, you are someone who has gained experience in a high tech manufacturing domain. Furthermore, you have the following:
- Minimum a Masters degree in Mechanical / Aerospace engineering;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a relevant industry post-graduation;
- Proven work experience with thin film and coatings;
- Technical computing skills in CAD/CAM, data-analysis, and data-presentation (e.g. MATLAB or Excel);
- Affinity with complex production equipment within the manufacturing domain;
- Experience with structured continuous improvement of manufacturing processes;
- Proven project and budget management skills;
- Strong communication skills in English;
- Able to legally work within the EU.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.