At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house
We are currently looking for a Scientific Programmer located in Eindhoven together with our client in the High Tech R&D industry.
As a Scientific Programmer, you will participate in a strategic research team, working in one of our client’s research projects, where you will adapt and extend the features of their specially developed tooling for the specification and analysis of component interfaces. Most of the time the research team is working on the customer premises.
What will you be working on? Based on the tool’s interface specification, a large number of artefacts are generated such a proxy code, visualisation, documentation, monitoring, and tests. By means of a recent extension, also components with provided and required interfaces can be specified, including functional constraints and timing requirements. An important part of current and future work addresses test generation from the tool’s models. For a single interface, the current approach has to be applied to industrial cases and improved where needed. This concerns, for instance, data aspects and timing constraints. Moreover, the techniques have to be extended to components with multiple interfaces and later to multiple components. To detect modelling issues early, the current simulation possibilities and static analysis techniques have to be improved. Furthermore, general maintenance and improvements are needed to prepare for an open source version of the tool our client has developed.
- Minimum a Master’s degree in Computer Science, or relevant;
- At least a few years of relevant work experience in software development;
- Several years of experience with model-based development in industry;
- Good knowledge of Eclipse-based development of plugins, using Xtext, Xtend and Java;
- Experience with test generation and test automation;
- You are a goal oriented, self-driven professional with a strong will to deliver quality results;
- Above all, you are a team player;
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team of research fellows, industrial and academic partners, where you closely cooperate with the customer’s product development team at the customer premises;
- You have an EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.