Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/ Team Lead
we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We
live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together
with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site
or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/ Team Lead located in Rotterdam together with our client in the High Tech R&D industry.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer/ Team Lead you will be responsible for the design of the equipment infrastructure of state-of-the-art metrology systems. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements. Creation of the 3D CAD design, volume control and management, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces.
The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements. You collect specifications needed to generate a design and create a design within a multidisciplinary module which needs specific flows or temperature requirements, document this and present where necessary. Moreover, you make sure the design is documented with proper models and drawings.
You perform the right calculations to predict the functionality (MATLAB, Finite Element analysis, Mathcad, or similar tools) and interface with (internal) customers and suppliers. If needed, you can steer and mentor junior designers in making high quality designs.
As a Team Lead, you will act as the interface towards the other disciplines within the organization and are responsible for line-management of the Design Team. You oversee the daily workload, set priorities where necessary and coach and mentor the (junior) team members. You keep an eye on the overall competences of the team, signal gaps and propose training and development plans. If needed, you issue a new vacancy as hiring manager. Also within your responsibility are the yearly appraisals. You report to the Development & Engineering Director.
You will work together with the architects, lead engineers, team leads and (junior) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination-free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of mechatronics systems;
- Solid Works experience is a pre, CAD experience is a must;
- Experience with MATLAB, Finite Element (ANSYS or COMSOL), MATHCAD is a plus;
- Prepared written technical reports on an independent basis;
- Experience in system design and analysis in a complex, technical, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules;
- Experience in organizing a team, overseeing workload and setting of priorities;
- Experience in analyzing applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications;
- Affinity with precision mechanics;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, with suppliers and co-developers, to ensure timely realization of competitive, high precision, complex components and assemblies;
- A real team player with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time;
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.