Senior Software Engineer
At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T, operating for more than 19 years in project
implementations and product developments where science and technology play an
important role, building bridges from technical capabilities through to
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Data Processing team located in Delft, the Netherlands, to work on software development for scientific applications.
At S[&]T we push technological boundaries with the aim of staying in the forefront of innovative, state-of-the-art applications in a sustainable manner. Together with our international customers we utilize novel techniques and platforms to make big data image analytics more scalable and automated. Several of our projects involve intelligent processing of imaging payload data from spaceborne and airborne platforms, pushing embedded systems to their limit.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for cutting edge software development. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organization. Furthermore, you have the following:
- You have completed a higher technical education (MSc or PhD) in Computer Science or Informatics;
- You have experience with Python and C++ software development, Java preferred;
- Experience working with Linux;
- You function well in a team and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members;
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions;
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas;
- Previous experience with space and science projects is given preference (e.g. ESA, Astron, KNMI);
- You are fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English.
- Software development for applications, independent or in a team setting;
- Optimizing processing throughout by improving algorithm, code implementation, IT infrastructure;
- Testing and documentation of the software;
- Communication with the project partners and/or the customer within the projects;
- Communication of your technical opinions and results within the company;
- Support on proposal/ bids writing.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.