Signal Processing Expert
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects
on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Signal Processing Expert located in the Hague together with our client in the defence industry.
Our client’s Radar Technology department is one of the leading R&D partners in Europe in the field of radar technology, collaborating passionately on technological breakthroughs for the latest RF sensor systems. They develop concepts and architectures commissioned by industrial partners and the government. Experts from various fields converge in the department to shape the future RF sensor suites for a variety of applications, including radar, communications, navigation and ESM systems.
As a Signal Processing Experts, you will work together with radar and other system engineers, information theory experts, (embedded) software engineers, hardware developers and EM/antenna experts. The available quantity and quality of data is increasing substantially due to the evolution of the employed sensor systems. Signal processing must advance at the same rate so as to extract more and more information from this data. That is why the latest signal processing techniques are being examined (mathematically, by means of software and in relation to new processing platforms), evaluated and implemented if proven to have potential. Examples of techniques from the recent past are compressive sensing, spectral analysis and machine learning.
Are you up to the challenge of working with us to transform complex signal processing problems into well-formulated mathematical methodologies? Do you believe you have something to contribute to the research and development of advanced signal processing algorithms and waveforms for future phased array radar systems? Are you enthusiastic about working in an environment that already boasts a great deal of expertise? Do you know how to quantify platform-dependent performance differences? Are you able to define an optimal processing strategy for a newly developed sensor concept? If so, this opportunity is for you!
- A university degree (preferably a Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science;
- Scientific background in information theory and/or statistical signal processing;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Affinity for algorithm development, waveform design, and/or processing large amounts of data for radar systems;
- You are enthusiastic about adaptive algorithms, machine learning or array signal processing;
- You have excellent MATLAB skills;
- You are able to explain the intrinsic processing problem to customers and come up with creative and innovative solutions;
- You are clever, creative and a fast learner;
- Due to screening requirements, Dutch nationality is required.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.