At S[&]T we are
specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and
breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with
High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or
in-house at S[&]T, operating for nearly 20 years in project implementations
and product developments where science and technology play an important role,
building bridges from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer for our Sensing and Control team located in Delft, the Netherlands, to work on software development for scientific measurement applications.
At S[&]T, we push technological boundaries with the aim of staying in the forefront of innovative, state-of-the-art applications in a sustainable manner.
As a Software Engineer at S[&]T, these will be your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Realize software implementation for advanced measurement systems;
- Translate requirements to design on software level;
- Interact with experts in other domains;
- Document design and provide user manuals;
- Deployment at customer sites if needed;
- Provide technical inputs on project proposals;
- Support on proposal/ bids writing.
In the Sensing & Control group we develop software applications for measurement setups in varied application areas. Typical projects are one-off or proof-of-concepts, meaning that you need to learn quickly about application domains and think with the customer about solutions. You will need to be able to work and think across domains, not only software. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organization. You enjoy solving software challenges and look the best solution within the budget and time contains of projects.
Furthermore, you have the following:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline with 3+ years of experience;
- Excellent command of C and Python and associated tooling and frameworks (compilers, bindings, unit testing, version control, etc.); experience in MATLAB and/or C++ is a big plus;
- Good understanding of electronics, in particular of working principles of sensors and AD/DA conversion;
- Good understanding of basic control theory, signal processing and state estimation;
- Practical experience with serial interfaces, such as CAN, SPI, I2C, etc.;
- Experience with ARM platforms and toolchains or other embedded processors;
- Experience with FPGA is a plus;
- You function well in a team (2-5 people) and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members;
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions;
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas;
- You are fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Experience with version management systems / source control (Github, SVN) build environment (Jenkins), tooling like Redmine, JIRA.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary teams, where you might be the only software engineer;
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Good communication and documentation skills in English.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.