Software PA Support Engineer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through
projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency
with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth
Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a Software PA Support Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
We are looking for a Software PA Support Engineer who will be working on the following tasks:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the software product assurance programme;
- Monitor and evaluate software product analyses, reports and technical notes;
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions;
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments;
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
- Minimum a Master’s degree in a technical domain;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Practical experience in applying ECSS software standards;
- Configuration management of complex systems;
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications;
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban);
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models;
- Big Data software architectures and life cycles;
- Data quality assurance;
- Cyber-security assurance;
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- Alternative software development life cycles, continuous integration and tools;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy is not welcome.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.