Solar Research Engineer (6 months)
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence.
We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work
together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through
projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Solar Research Engineer for the location Petten and or Eindhoven, the Netherlands, together with our client in the renewable energy industry. It’s a temporary position for the duration of 6 months.
As a Research Engineer, you are responsible for the specification and assignment for the purchase of test and measuring equipment for two R&D projects together with a fun and experienced team of substantive experts. Test and measurement equipment will be specified and purchased in a very short time, which is why your work consists of retrieving the knowledge from the Solar teams (Petten and Eindhoven) and translating this into specs for our client’s suppliers.
Broadly speaking, these are your activities:
- Detailing of test and measurement equipment in consultation with researchers;
- Taking care of quotation processes, tenders, purchasing and realization of test and measurement setups;
- General support from work package leader (s);
- This means a daily execution of the work on location for the duration of 6 months.
We are looking for a Solar Research Engineer with a passion for renewable energy. Furthermore, you have the following:
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or a similar training;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the technique;
- Affinity with translating research needs into equipment specs;
- Demonstrable experience of high-quality technical installations;
- Task-oriented and capable of organizing their own work;
- Good sense of decision-making processes and strong perseverance;
- You have an EU nationality, or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.