Space Technology R&D Engineer
S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and
defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that
work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects
on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with
software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth
Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a Space Technology R&D Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ESTEC in the international space industry.
are looking for a Space Technology
R&D Engineer with a passion
for systems technology and concurrent engineering. You will be
working on the following activities:
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities;
- Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments;
- Managing assigned R&D activities;
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required;
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives;
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
- A Masters degree (MSc) in Engineering (preferably space related), plus a minimum 4 years relevant professional experience;
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage;
- Knowledge of Programme/ Project management and controlling methods and tools;
- Ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information;
- Good verbal and written communications;
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.