S/W PA (Product Assurance) Support Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D
solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and
are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in
optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a S/W PA (Product Assurance) Support Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, together with ESA/ ESTEC.
This new position will be part of a team providing Product Assurance & Safety Engineering support to the projects and missions in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality at ESA/ESTEC. You will work on tasks supporting the Product Assurance of Software for satellite missions and projects, including:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy;
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme;
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes;
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards;
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions;
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments;
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
- You have minimum a Master degree Software Engineering or Computer Science with a background in space engineering;
- You have a minimum of 4 years' relevant professional work experience;
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools;
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards;
- You must be eligible to live and work in the EU;
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
Experience in (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner;
- other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban);
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models;
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles;
- Data quality assurance;
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001;
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools;
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.