S/W & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D
solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and
are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in
optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a S/W & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, together with ESA/ ESTEC.
This new position will be part of a small team providing engineering support to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division at ESA/ESTEC. You will work on tasks supporting the Flight Software Development & Validation for satellite missions and projects, and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software.
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
- You have minimum a Master degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- You have a minimum of 4 years' relevant professional work experience;
- You shall be able to function as part of a team;
- Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required;
- You must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering tools;
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C;
- Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an advantage.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.