System and CDF Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions
for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of
the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing
performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support
European Space Agency with software projects and personnel, and have a
long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for a System and CDF (Concurrent Design Facility) Engineer located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ ESTEC in the international space industry.
We are looking for a System and CDF Engineer with a passion for Systems and Concurrent Engineering (CE). You will be working on the following activities:
- Development, implementation and adoption in Projects of Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE);
- Systems engineering modelling;
- Concurrent engineering tools & methods;
- Technology developments enhancing adoption of MBSE practices.
The activities will be in the area of:
- Systems engineering, including support to Projects applying or willing to apply MBSE;
- Methods, tools and standards to support MBSE;
- Tools and infrastructure development & maintenance in support to systems and concurrent engineering modelling (including CE tools like OCDT (Open Concurrent Design Tool) https://ocdt.esa.int/).
- Minimum a Master degree in Engineering or Physics;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience within the space domain post-graduation;
- Experience in (multi-disciplinary) system modelling, using data modelling languages (e.g. Unified Modelling Language/ System Modelling Language - SysML) and associated modelling applications (e.g. MagicDraw, Capella, Enterprise Architect, …) or comparable modelling languages as well as supporting tools;
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (in e.g. Java), data science and data reporting tools (e.g. Jupyter notebooks), systems engineering and mission analysis or other systems-related disciplines engineering tools (e.g. MATLAB, STK, Mathcad, CATIA, etc.);
- Experience in requirements management and verification engineering;
- Experience in and good knowledge of MBSE;
- Ability to work independently and to establish good working relations with ESA is essential;
- EU nationality or a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.