Navigation System Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T, operating for nearly 20 years in project implementations and product developments where science and technology play an important role, building bridges from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
At S[&]T, we push technological boundaries with the aim of staying in the forefront of innovative, state-of-the-art applications in a sustainable manner.
As a Navigation System Engineer based at our S[&]T HQ in Delft, these will be your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design (navigation) sensor system architectures and ensure they meet customer demands;
- Analyze technological concepts through modelling and research;
- Derive, track and validate technical requirements;
- Interact with experts in various domains;
- Writing of technical documentation;
- Support deployment at customer sites if needed;
- Support in proposal / bids writing.
In the Sensing & Control group we develop software and hardware components for measurement setups in varied application areas. Examples of those developed within the group include unique GNSS signal quality monitoring systems, navigation system simulations and sensor integration software. Other areas involve the development of real-time control systems for scientific measurement systems.
Typical projects are ‘one-offs’ or proof-of-concepts, meaning you need to learn quickly about application domains and think with the customer about solutions. Common application areas include development of robust (GNSS) navigation and sensor fusion, the semiconductors industry and radio astronomy. You will need to be able to work and think across domains. Ideally, you are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, high-tech organization. You enjoy tackling complex engineering challenges while keeping an overview of a multi-element technical system, and looking for the best solution within the budget and time constraints of projects.
Furthermore, you have the following:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics or similar discipline with 3+ years of experience;
- Excellent command of MATLAB and Python, experience in lower-level programming languages such as C/C++ is a big plus;
- Good understanding of the concepts of signal processing and digital communication;
- Experience with GNSS analysis and/or (satellite) radio communications;
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel and creative solutions;
- You are capable of self-study and enjoy quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas;
- You function well in a team (2-5 people) and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members with varying technical backgrounds;
- You are able to work with an autonomous and proactive attitude;
- You exhibit good communication and documentation skills in English.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or apply directly through our website! Kindly note that acquisition from third parties (e.g. agencies) based on this vacancy will not be taken into account.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.