Telecom System Security Engineer
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T. We support European Space Agency with software projects and personnel, and have a long-term focus on Earth Observation and Space Science software projects.
We are currently looking for 2 Telecom System Security Engineers, located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands together with our client ESA/ESTEC in the international space industry.
As a Telecom System Security Engineer, you will be working on the following activities:
- System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis;
- System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and thereat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc;
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes;
- Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
- Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as:
- To define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
- Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
- Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures;
- Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.);
- Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation;
- Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
- Minimum a Master degree in Telecommunications and Signal Processing or Electronic Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in the space domain post-graduation;
- Specific knowledge in the security engineering;
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture;
- Must have EU nationality and be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.