Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician
At S[&]T we are specialized in R&D
solutions for space, science, and defence. We live and breathe innovation, and
are one of the few partners that work together with High Tech organizations in
optimizing performance through projects on-site or in-house at S[&]T.
We are currently looking for a Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, together with ESA/ ESTEC.
This new position will be part of a small team providing technical support to the Thermal Analysis & Verification Section at ESA/ESTEC. As a Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician you will work on the following tasks:
- You will work on tasks supporting the Thermal and Mechanical Testing of spacecraft, structures, subsystems and components in development for numerous projects;
- Provide technical support to projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL);
- You will be involved in all technician activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory;
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities;
- Contribute to regular progress reports;
- Contribute to documentation, covering all tasks above.
- You have a Technical degree (Bachelor, Diploma or equivalent) in e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering;
- You have a minimum of 4 years' relevant professional work experience;
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification;
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians;
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems;
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition.
Would you like to hear more? Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly through our website!
Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, have not been able to reject your application in person.